-
May 24th, 2006, 12:03 AM
#1
Inactive Member
So I just got my exchange on my Jess and she has a wig problem just like the first one did, but what really made me mad is that they didn't even have anyone look this second one over before they sent her out. I thought that they always did this with an exchange. The CS woman did tell me this time that she is going to have them look her over. What a waste, they should have done that with the 2nd one.
Shanna
-
May 24th, 2006, 12:12 AM
#2
Inactive Member
I had to go through 4 Jess dolls before I got one without problems. After I called about the first doll whose wig was separating, I was told that they would have someone inspect the replacement they sent out. They obviously didn't do this since the doll arrived with a horrid and very obvious stain on her neck. Doll number 3 had super dry and brittle hair, half of which was broken off already and just sticking out all over her head. She looked like something you would find in the bottom of a box at a garage sale. When I called again, I got a very sweet and sympathetic person who assured me that the next doll would be inspected. She arrived with one shoe off and a packing slip with a stamp that says she was persoanlly inspected. She was and is a beautiful doll and she was worth the wait. I hope you eventually get a nice Jess too. [img]smile.gif[/img]
-
May 24th, 2006, 01:30 AM
#3
Inactive Member
Thanks for the encourgement. The CS lady I talked to made it sound like this 2nd one wasn't inspected, but I guess I never asked for her to be, I just assumed that if there were problems they would look and make sure they didn't send another one with problems out. My fault for assuming. She did tell me that this next one will be inspected so I'm crossing my fingers. I'm determined to get a good one because she had my favorite face mold and I just think she is breathtaking.
Shanna
-
May 24th, 2006, 02:05 AM
#4
Inactive Member
What a shame! I was so hoping you were going to get a good one this time and I was just about to email you, and ask if the replacement had come yet.
-
May 24th, 2006, 02:21 AM
#5
Inactive Member
That was very sweet of you. I'm hoping that since they are going to be looking this girl over she will come in pristine condition.
Shanna
-
May 24th, 2006, 04:47 AM
#6
Inactive Member
I picked my Jess out in person at AGPLA and noticed lots of wig problems. Some of the dolls had hair sticking out everywhere and looked really bad. Many had the wig cap showing in the front. I had to open quite a few boxes before finding a perfect Jess.
-
May 24th, 2006, 08:32 AM
#7
Inactive Member
I had a similar situation happen to me only it was with a sofa. We went through 4 before they found me one that was right. The first one had rippling fabric along the bottom that wasn't tight, the second one had different shades of fabric on the seat cushions to the rest of the sofa, the third one had a great big pull in the fabric along the back (and this one was the one that the manager assured me was personally inspected.) When I complained the third time, the manager actually came to my house to see what was going on and I showed her the pull. She was clueless as to how it got there because she said she had inspected it herself.
Anyway, the fourth couch was fine and we have it still (only now 8 years later I am sick of it and want a new one - lol).
So, stick to your guns and ask for another Jess until you get the right one.
And don't feel badly for the doll! When we went to pick out our Jess, my DD went through quite a few before she found the right one that "called to her".
Juliette
<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ May 24, 2006 05:34 AM: Message edited by: Juliette ]</font>
-
May 24th, 2006, 01:41 PM
#8
Inactive Member
Thanks for all your support. I actually was able to pick out a Jess when I was at AGPLA. She had really bad hair on the ends, but I loved her face, and I was assured that a little water and brushing would fix the hair up...well it didn't, and the hair is still quite yucky on the ends, so I have started over again. I just really wish they would QC a bit better, I would have loved to have gotten a great Jess the first time around instead of getting one with black on her arm, one with a hole in her shoulder, one with an unraveling wig, and a couple with other random wig problems. Sigh, hopefully this one will be the one. Thanks again for letting me blow a little steam.
Shanna
-
May 24th, 2006, 01:55 PM
#9
Inactive Member
Wow, you guys are scaring me about Jess, so many problems with her. I'll be sure to pick her out in Chicago whenever I get her!!
-
May 24th, 2006, 02:05 PM
#10
Inactive Member
I wonder how many got a Jess with something wrong with them verus how many got a perfect Jess? We're going to have to order ours and I don't want to have to exchange ours. DH just hates having to exchange things. With all these problems with Jess we're hearing about that's why I've been heistent getting her.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks